What Information Needs to Be Provided to Customize The Magnet
In order to effectively provide information and save your time, when you send out a custom inquiry, it is best to provide the following information:
1. Material: the magnets we provide are NdFeB, SmCo, Ferrite, Alnico, Flexible Magnets, etc. Please confirm what the material you need.
2. Grade: different magnets have a lot of different specifications. Different brands of products, their working temperature, magnetic performance and so on are very different. To provide an effective quotation requires a certain brand.
3. Magnetized Direction:radial or axial. Even if the products are not required to be magnetized, it is necessary to determine the direction of the magnetization.
4. Size: the regular shape of the magnet is Block & Disc (or Rod) &Arc &Ring (or tube). Block needs to provide long and wide data; Disc (Rod) needs to provide direct and length data; Arc needs to provide external diameter, inner diameter, length and angle data. Ring (tube) needs to provide external diameter, internal diameter and length data.
Of course, the custom shape is OK, too. You need to provide the drawings.
5. Tolerance: our conventional tolerances is -/ + 0.004 ”, tighter tolerances is also ok; we need you to confirm a numerical value, and our engineers will confirm the feasibility according to the actual size of the product.
6. Coating: what is the type of coating? The conventional coating is NdFeB magnets, usually Ni-Cu-Ni coating. Other coatings, such as Zn, Epoxy, and Gold, are also available. And the coating can also be added to the magnet with Rubber or PTFE protection. These are selected according to your practical application. Generally, the magnets of other materials do not need to be coated. If you need it, we can also provide.
7. Quantity: we must need a quantity to make an effective offer. Our price changes with the number of changes. The higher the number is, the lower our cost is, so the price that is reported to you will be better. The low number, not only rising costs, we also need to assess our MOQ.
8. Special Requirement: please inform us of any special needs, and we will assess the feasibility.
Have Drawings & Need A Quote?
Send us your prints and specifications detailing your custom magnet application.